At this time we are no longer enrolling new patients
Download our Privacy Statement.
Newtown Medical Centre is a member of the Compass Primary Health Organisation which provides funding for the subsidised and special care programs for our enrolled patients. We aim to meet the health care needs of all in our community.
Newtown Medical Centre is committed to working with our community and providing you with excellent health care. We encourage you to enrol with us as your local practice to ensure you have continued access to medical care from our dedicated team here in Newtown.
Enrolled patients at Newtown Medical Centre can benefit from a number of subsidised schemes including:
- Reduced fees for doctors consultations and ACC visits
- Free doctor appointments for children under 14
- Subsidised treatments for those with chronic illness
- Six free sexual health visits for those under the age of 20 per year
- Access to mental health counselling
- Free palliative care visits
- Access to screening programs associated with women’s health
- Free childhood immunisations
- Continuity of care within the practice, which means we are better able to meet your health needs in a timely and safe manner
This table lists the standard fees we charge for a standard General Practice consultation, for enrolled patients, within usual business hours. Varying charges may be incurred in a range of circumstances including for instance: ACC visits, Casual visits, After Hours, Weekends, longer consultations, minor surgery, for services involving equipment or supplies, or allied medical health practitioners.
||Non CSC holders
|Under 14 :
|14 to 17 :
|18 to 24 :
|25 to 44 :
|45 to 64 :
|Over 65 :
|Immigration Medicals - Adult :
|Immigration Medicals - Under 16 years :