Newtown Medical Centre is continuing to provide COVID-19 Vaccines on Wednesdays from 10am until 5pm for all registered patients 12 years and older.
Please ring us on 04 389 9955 to book in a time that suits you. We are booking 1st, 2nd and 3rd doses (Boosters and 3rd Primary Doses). Please note that third Primary doses and booster vaccines are different.
- The COVID-19 Vaccine Technical Advisory Group has recommended that individuals aged 12 and older with severe immunocompromise receive a third primary dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
- The third primary dose is optional but recommended.
- Also – if you are over 18 you will be able to access a booster dose the same way you got vaccinated with your primary course (for most people, a primary course is two doses). You will be eligible once 6 months have passed since your primary course.
To arrange your third Primary dose, the first step is to book a free phone or face to face consultation with your doctor to discuss your eligibility.
To arrange your Booster, you can ring and book into one of our regular clinics, so long as it has been 6 months minimum since your 2nd dose.
Booking the AstraZeneca vaccine
From 26 November, you will be able to book your appointment to receive the AstraZeneca vaccine at BookMyVaccine.nz
If you select AstraZeneca, the site will show a list of vaccination centres where AstraZeneca can be given. Not all sites are equipped to deliver this vaccine – Newtown Medical Centre will not be offering AstraZeneca.
If you’re unable to book online, you can call the COVID Vaccination Healthline on 0800 28 29 26 (8am to 8pm, 7 days a week). We’ll make the booking for you and answer any questions. Interpretation services are available if you need them.
My Covid Record: Proof of vaccination status
Through the My Covid Record website you can now request two official records of your COVID-19 vaccination status.
- My Vaccine Pass for use in Aotearoa New Zealand
- International Travel Vaccination Certificate for overseas travel
Please log in the My Covid Record to make your account and request this information.